Solved

Arcscript: How do I put a linefeed in an attribute?

  • 13 February 2024
  • 4 replies
  • 51 views

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I want to do something like this

 

<arc:set attr="scope">[encodedurl]\n[expiry]</arc:set>

 

 

I have tried using a multiline arc:set but without any luck

<arc:set attr="scope">
  [encodedurl]
  [expiry]
</arc:set>

 

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by James B 13 February 2024, 20:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

What context are you using the new scope attr in? Both of those statements will use a new line in the resulting value, which you can see if you test it in a Script connector for example:

 

<arc:set attr="encodedurl" value="http://someurl/" />
<arc:set attr="expiry" value="2020-01-01" />

<arc:set attr="scope">[encodedurl]\n[expiry]</arc:set>
<arc:throw code="x" desc="[scope]" />

You can see the line break in the thrown exception:

And in the second case, you get the preceding and following line breaks:

<arc:set attr="encodedurl" value="http://someurl/" />
<arc:set attr="expiry" value="2020-01-01" />

<arc:set attr="scope">
[encodedurl]
[expiry]
</arc:set>
<arc:throw code="x" desc="[scope]" />

 

Of course, the context from which scope is evaluated is important here, because the exception here supports multiline data. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m using the scope and encoding it using HMACs.

I then pass it in the message header to a REST connector and use it in a HTTP Header

 

The REST Connector log shows these two headers being evaluated correctly.

 

 

Very similar to https://arc.cdata.com/kb/articles/arc-http-signature-auth.rst

 

Here’s my script

<arc:set attr="encIn0.data" value="[url]" />
<arc:set attr="encIn0.format" value="URL" />
<arc:call op="encEncode" in="encIn2" out="result0">
<!-- setting the output file data to be the encoded data returned from the operation -->
<arc:set attr="output.encodedurl">[result0.encodeddata]</arc:set>
</arc:call>



<arc:set attr="fixedtimestamp" value="03-02-2024"/>
<arc:set attr="expiry">[fixedtimestamp| todate('dd-MM-yyyy','U') |dateadd('day', 7)|datediff('second', '1970-01-01 00:00:00Z')]</arc:set>
<arc:set attr="scope">[output.encodedurl]\n[expiry]</arc:set>

<arc:set attr="encIn.data" value="[scope]" />
<arc:set attr="encIn.format" value="HMAC" />
<arc:set attr="encIn.hmackey" value="[azureprimary.key]" />
<arc:set attr="encIn.hmacalgorithm" value="SHA" />
<arc:set attr="encIn.hmacbits" value="256" />
<arc:set attr="encIn.outformat" value="BASE64" />
<arc:call op="encEncode" in="encIn" out="result">
<!-- setting the output file data to be the encoded data returned from the operation -->
<arc:set attr="output.hashb64">[result.encodeddata]</arc:set>
</arc:call>


<arc:set attr="encIn2.data" value="[output.hashb64]" />
<arc:set attr="encIn2.format" value="URL" />
<arc:call op="encEncode" in="encIn2" out="result2">
<!-- setting the output file data to be the encoded data returned from the operation -->
<arc:set attr="output.signatureUrlEncoded">[result2.encodeddata]</arc:set>
</arc:call>


<arc:set attr="sigheader">SharedAccessSignature sig=[output.signatureUrlEncoded]&se=[expiry]&skn=sas-tracking-events-topic&sr=[output.encodedurl]</arc:set>
<arc:set attr="outfile.FilePath" value="[FilePath]" />

<!-- debug -->
<arc:set attr="outfile.Header:expiry">[expiry]</arc:set>
<arc:set attr="outfile.Header:scope">[scope]</arc:set>
<arc:set attr="outfile.Header:signature">[output.hashb64]</arc:set>
<!-- debug end-->

<arc:set attr="outfile.Header:sigheader" value="[sigheader]" />
<arc:set attr="outfile.Header:brokerProperties">{"SessionId":"[guid()]"}</arc:set>

<arc:push item="outfile" />

 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The issues is with 

<arc:set attr="encIn0.data" value="[url]" />
<arc:set attr="encIn0.format" value="URL" />
<arc:call op="encEncode" in="encIn0" out="result0">
  <!-- setting the output file data to be the encoded data returned from the operation -->
  <arc:set attr="output.encodedurl">[result0.encodeddata]</arc:set>
</arc:call>

It’s encode //:, = etc to lowercase (%2f, %3d etc).  I’m comparing this with Postman and Crypto JS which encodes to uppercase (and works)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

All solved and working now

 

Reply