Solved

How are you using views

Userlevel 2
Badge

We have a workspace for each customer we have and there we mostly do a mapping from their interface messages to our own format.  We are not using views, but I am thinking of starting to use them to make a difference between the incoming and outgoing flow to have a better overview.

Are you using views, and yes, how are you using them?  Can you also move connectors from 1 view to another view?

icon

Best answer by lohith 31 May 2024, 07:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Christopher,

If you create a workspace where you need to jump around a bit, the view feature can help by providing shortcuts to those positions in the flow. If you want to save three connectors together at once, it's better to create a workspace where they are organized (as you are already doing).

Views are particularly useful when you have a large workspace, as they allow you to save the zoom and position settings. Keep in mind that this is a snapshot of a position in your workspace and is not tied to any particular connectors.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you for your reply

Is there then a way to move connectors to a view?  Let's say I have a workspace right now and I want to move connectors A, B and C to view 1 and connectors D, E and F to view 2.

Userlevel 3

Hi Christopher,

Moving connectors from one view to another can be a bit tricky since connectors are not tied to specific views—they're just snapshots of your workspace saved as views. However, it is possible to move connectors between views. To do this, ensure that the position where you intend to place the connector is part of the target view.

I have attached a simple test here, where I have placed a connector from View2 within the boundary of View1. When you switch to View1, you should see the connector from View2.

Please note that if you use the auto-format feature (available in the recent release version), it will break the views by reordering all the connectors based on their X-Y positions.

Please let me know for further questions.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ok thank you!