Solved

Failed to use backup setting

• 16 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

So I have a system with CDataSync to sync my data from SQL Server to Azure Synapse with below detail:

Old System:

CDataSync Version: 22.0.8342.0

CData AzureSynapse Provider Version: 22.0.8326.0

New System:

CDataSync Version: 23.3.8704.0

CData AzureSynapse (23.0.8616.0)

I backup the old configuration and restore it to new configuration. However, it keeps getting an error like this 

Error: The SQL Error Number is 103010, State is 1, Severity is 16, Error is 'Parse error at line: 1, column: 126: Incorrect syntax near '.'.', Server name is server1, Line number is 1. The Token Type is 170.

I found that the task is successful when I use this conditions:

1. I dont use a new scheme for the destination, but I checked the Drop Table/Truncate Table
  2. I use a new scheme, but I unchecked the Drop Table/Truncate Table

Is there a new query or options that changed in the new version? What can I do to fix the error?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Ankit Singh 14 December 2023, 06:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Rahmanfp 

I see that this question has been sitting here for a while. From the looks of it, the error message you've encountered seems to indicate a syntax issue in the SQL query being executed by CData Sync when replicating data to Azure Synapse. Specifically, it mentions a parse error near a period ('.'). This could be due to various reasons, such as an invalid column or table name, incorrect syntax, or an unsupported operation.

I’d suggest raising a Tech support case with our team at CData - Support Form.