Solved

HubSpot ado.net connector

• 19 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi guys, 

I cannot get the companies and deals table to execute in the data ingestion phase. Anyone has experienced this before? The error I keep getting is:

Executing table [HubSpot].[Companies]:
failed with error:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out

icon

Best answer by Ethem Q 20 October 2023, 20:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

The "Execution Timeout" referenced here is actually a SQL Server timeout. To fix the issue, please increase the Command Timeout property value from default 300 to 900 or any other higher number and let us know how it goes. You can do so by navigating to your Job:

Open Job settings >> Advanced >> Command Timeout >> Save

Please reach out to the support team at support@cdata.com or submit a support ticket here https://www.cdata.com/support/submit.aspx in case you keep facing issues with this.

Badge

Hi Ethem Q, 

Thanks for your answer, I tried increasing those already, I can show my setup. 

So the timeout property is actually set to 3600 (1h)

I tried playing with the concurrent threads as well, tried both 3 or 1 and 8 

And the timeouts on the cData connector setting is set to 0 (read in the guide that it doesn’t timeout in that case) but tried both 3600 and the default 100. 

connector settings

Keep getting the same error, my task fails after 2-5 minutes usually. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

It looks like there is some confusion here. I assumed you were using our Hubspot connector with CData Sync since you have opened this thread under CData Sync. However, from the screenshots you have included it does not look like you are using CData Sync at all. 

That being said, I am very curious to learn more on how exactly are you using our ADO.NET driver for HubSpot here. How does SQL Server or SSMS fit in this use case? Are you using some ETL tool in your integration perhaps? Also, would you be able to elaborate more on what you mean with "data ingestion phase"? 

Once we have the above details we will have a better picture of your use case and we would be able to further assist you.

On a side note, one cause of the SQL Server Timeout can be due to the query running in SSMS taking longer than the default timeout value in SQL Management Studio. You can read more on how to increase this value here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1137190/changing-the-commandtimeout-in-sql-management-studio