Skip to main content

Why am I seeing this error?

Data Virtuality uses a part of the disk space in order to temporarily store specific types of data which either cannot or should not be kept in-memory. This relates mostly to data of type XMLCLOBBLOB and OBJECT.

By default, Data Virtuality reserves at most 50 GB on the partition where it runs and it will not exceed this limit. However, if there is just temporarily more demand (including what is already stored there) then you will get this error.

Note that Data Virtuality tries to clean up this data but sometimes this takes longer than adding new data to it.

I see this error, what can I do?

Short-Term Solution

A reboot of Data Virtuality always wipes the entire temporary data and you will start with 50 GB that can be filled during processing.

Long-Term Solution

You can permanently increase the temp space for Data Virtuality.

Note that you should have enough space left on the system's disk (depending on what you have set) and that changing the setting requires a reboot of Data Virtuality for the changes to take effect.

You can get the current setting with the command below. The space is provided in MB. You can ignore the 'L' after the number which just states that it is of type long (8 byte integer).

SELECT "a.reply"
FROM (EXEC "SYSADMIN.executeCli"(
"script" => '/subsystem=teiid:read-attribute(name=buffer-service-max-buffer-space)')) as a;;

This is how to set the new value, here we set it to 100 GB.

EXEC "SYSADMIN.executeCli"(
"script" => '/subsystem=teiid:write-attribute(name=buffer-service-max-buffer-space,value=102400)');;

There is no need to add the 'L' you saw when you read the setting. Just ignore it during the change of the value. Modifying the part with 'value=....' will determine how much temp space you configure.

Be the first to reply!