Question

FireDAC Excel freeze row and add filter on columns

• 12 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Good morning everything is fine?
Using the FireDAC Excel component, is it possible to freeze the first row and add filters to the columns?
Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @andrews_saac 

This is an unusual request and I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say “to freeze the first row and add filters to the columns”. Would you be able to provide more context on the functionality that you are envisioning? How exactly would you intend to add filters to the columns of the first row? If we can have a better picture of what you are trying to accomplish, I can check with the engineering team and see if this is something feasible.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, I am attaching a file that I exported from my system using Excel installed on Windows.
The first row is frozen and we add filters for each column.

If you go inside Excel, the Freeze option is found at:
View -> Freeze Panes -> Freeze Top Row.

Today we can do this on my system, but the client must have Excel installed on Windows, I would like to do this using the CData component if possible.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @andrews_saac,  

From what I gather here, you are requesting a way to Freeze the top row directly from the driver so that in cases when someone does not have Excel installed on their machine, they can still manage to run this command via the CData driver for Excel, is that right?

I think one way to support this functionality could be via a stored procedure but I will need to check with the team to see if this is feasible first. That said, I will go ahead and open this as a request with our development team. I will keep you updated when there is any progress on this ask.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @andrews_saac,  

From what I gather here, you are requesting a way to Freeze the top row directly from the driver so that in cases when someone does not have Excel installed on their machine, they can still manage to run this command via the CData driver for Excel, is that right?

Yes that's right. Thanks.