Solved

FireDAC Excel need Microsoft Excel installed?

• 8 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, to use FireDAC Excel to read xlsx files, is it necessary to have Microsoft Excel installed on the client's computer?
Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Luçjano Capo 9 April 2024, 10:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @andrews_saac,

Microsoft Excel serves as a tool for opening .xlsx files. With our FireDAC edition, you can leverage the RAD Studio tool to read and open .xlsx files as well. Thus, you won't require Microsoft Excel to access .xlsx files via the FireDAC Excel driver.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I understood.
I'm having a problem opening xlsx file on machines that don't have Excel installed.
When trying to read the file the error is generated:
[FireDAC][Phys][CData]-314. Cannot load vendor library [C:\Users\Teste\AppData\Local\Temp\CDataExcel8839\win64\CData.Fire.Excel40.dll]. Could not find the specified module Hint: check it is in the PATH or application EXE directories, and has x64 bitness.

But when opening the folder the dll is there and I've already tried copying the dll from my computer and placing it and it still returns an error.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @andrews_saac,

You're encountering the error "[FireDAC][Phys][CData]-314. Cannot load vendor library [C:\Users\Teste\AppData\Local\Temp\CDataExcel8839\win64\CData.Fire.Excel40.dll]" due to the requirement of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86.

Our documentation also specifies that you need to install the 2010 version of the VC++ redistributable package: https://cdn.cdata.com/help/RXJ/fire/pg_startedintrof.htm#dependencies

You can download and install them from the following page:  
2010 VC++ Redistributable package download

Please be sure to install it before trying to connect. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

It worked, that was the problem, thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @andrews_saac,

I am glad I was able to assist!

Hope you have a great day!