The CData Excel Add-In provides self-service integration with Microsoft Excel, linking your Excel spreadsheet to real-time data. That way, you can monitor enterprise data and keep it up-to-date for use in reporting and analysis. This article explains how to install the CData Excel Add-In, configure a connection to data, and import that data into Excel.
It is important to note that although this article references the Salesforce Excel Add-In, the same principles herein can be applied to any of the 250+ data sources that we support.
Download and Install the Excel Add-In
First, download and install the Excel Add-In from the CData website: https://www.cdata.com/drivers/salesforce/download/excel/
Fill in the appropriate contact information.
Note: If you are downloading a licensed installer, use your company email address and product key.
Import Data into Excel
Once you have installed the Excel Add-In, follow the steps below in order to import Salesforce data into Excel:
- Open Excel and click the CData tab then Get Data -> From Salesforce
- Choose Basic for the Auth Scheme. After filling in the connection properties (e.g. user, password, and security token), click "Test Connection." Then, click OK.
- On the CData Query screen, click Select... and then choose a table and click OK.
- Next, a SQL Query appears. This query populates the Excel spreadsheet with Salesforce data. Click OK.
- Finally, we have an Excel spreadsheet with Salesforce data!
CData Excel Add-Ins - Getting Started
A brief overview of downloading, installing, and connecting to data using CData Excel Add-Ins.