Solved

Error from Workday SSIS connector

• 13 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Team,

while connecting Workday Cdata SSIS connector below error is coming kidnly advise.

“Invalid FROM clause starting with character: 6405. Invalid WQL syntax.”

i am using below query from workday.

select * from creditcardtransactions
where "company_Prompt" = 'LE020 Redwood Software, Inc.'

icon

Best answer by Ethem Q 14 March 2024, 17:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

In Workday, one prompt is opening while fetch the specific report there we have to select the company so when we pass the just select statement it is stating like above.kindly help me on this

Userlevel 1
Badge
if we keep the Where condtion it is throughing an error like above

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Renukachari_Kasee 

From the screenshots that you have attached in the comments, I suspect you are using an older version of the SSIS Components for Workday. There have been some changes in the v23 version with the Schema organization for the Workday data providers and in the updated version of the Components both AdHocPayments and CreditCardTransactions views fall under the WQL schema instead of the REST schema. That being said, I would recommend you download the updated SSIS Components for Workday in order to be on the most recent version:

https://www.cdata.com/drivers/workday/download/ssis/

Regarding  the error messages that you are facing, I would like to point out that in both cases the problem appears to be stemming from specifying the company_Prompt.

For starters, there is no need to specify a company_Prompt for CreditCardTransactions as company_Prompt is not a valid column for this particular table. However, you can filter with workdayID if you want, which you can get from the following query:

SELECT [workdayid], [company.descriptor] FROM [Companies]

As for the AdHocPayments view, the company_Prompt is indeed a required column so you will need to make sure that you specify a valid value for this column. In order to get the company_Prompts you can use the same query as outlined above:

The values returned in the workdayId column can be used as company_Prompts as in the example below:

Alternatively you can run another query in order to get all the data for all company_Prompts if that is what you want:

SELECT * FROM [adHocPayments] WHERE [company_Prompt] IN (SELECT [workdayid] FROM [Companies])

Feel free to reach out to our support team at support@cdata.com in case you have any other questions.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Ethem,

thanks for your replay, i have updated the latest drivers in my system. after that i can see the WQL extension objects. all objects i can see but 

however i am seeing some more problem in this query i am attaching error image for your reference.

kidnly advise.

Thanks,

Renukachari Kasee

Redwood Software Inc.

Userlevel 1
Badge

and also one more is, please suggest how to get all the objects listed in workday, same like in sql server usually SELECT * FROM information_schema.Tables sintax used to get all objects

similar kind of thing any sintax is it available in Workday? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

if i gave company.descriptor then it is prompting like different error

Userlevel 5
Badge

I saw you had opened another thread regarding the same issues. To keep our community organized and to provide the most efficient support, I have already addressed your concern in that thread.

You can find the detailed response here: