Solved

DBAmp commands failing with timeout errors

• 20 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Whenever I try to do anything with the linked server, I either get an error about the OLE DB provider returning a message that the “Login timeout expired” or “TCP Provider: The wait operation timed out.” Sometimes it also says "A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible.” I can’t do anything with DBAmp, how do I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Dani Moran 20 March 2023, 15:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

That error is not uncommon - it indicates that the linked server is having trouble connecting to the daemon service that is facilitating the connection to Salesforce through the linked server.

It generally indicates that either the daemon service is not running, which you can check in the Daemon Console in the DBAmp Configuration Program, or that the port in the Data source parameter of the linked server does not match the port set in the Settings dialog of the DBAmp Configuration Program.

If the daemon service is not running at all, then the Daemon Console will let you start it up. If the ports don’t match, then you will need to change one value to match the other - the one in the Settings is where the daemon service is listening. Also, make sure that whichever value you choose is a free port.

Once you get the daemon service running, you should be good to go to connect to Salesforce through DBAmp!