Solved

API Server?

• 14 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I stumbled upon CData API Server, installed it, and was immediately impressed!  It seems to be a fantastic product - very simple and intuitive.  However, I was left with a few immediate questions:

• I can’t find any real documentation for it.  Is there some?
  • Which forum should I use to post questions or look for answers?
  • Can I change the naming convention of the resources created?  It appears they are named “[database]_[schema]_tableorview” by default.  I’d like to drop the “[database]_[schema]_”.
  • Is there any kind of bulk editing action on the resources?  I have a lot of resources and I’d like to remove some operations on all of them.

If the resources are controlled by some kind of config file (e.g. json or XML), and I can find it, I can probably do the bulk edits myself.

Thanks in advance, and thanks again for a GREAT product!

icon

Best answer by John G 17 July 2023, 22:25

View original

2 replies

Badge

Oops! I may have posted those questions too soon.  I found most of what I was looking for in “C:\ProgramData\CData\apiserver\api” and https://cdn.cdata.com/help/BWH/odata/Getting-Started.html. The question about the appropriate forum stands. :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there!

It looks like you already found the answers on the documentation and local config files. As for mass edit functionality, that’s not built into the app at this time, so editing the files in ProgramData directly is likely the simplest way to make these changes. However, if you ever want to make an official feature request, you can always reach out to support@cdata.com and the support team will open a ticket with engineering (however, no promises on if or when it would be added).

Regarding the forum, we don’t have a specific board for API Server at this time, but the “CData Drivers & Connectors” board is sort of a catch-all for any questions related to our products, so that is my recommendation for now. I’ll talk to the community team to see if we should consider adding a new board for API Server.

Regards,

-John