Solved

CData Tableau connector not showing up as an option in Tableau

• 20 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge
  • Community Manager
  • 12 replies

I just installed a CData Tableau connector, but when I try to find it in Tableau it doesn’t seem to be appearing as an option. 

Why isn’t the connector showing up - is there something else I have to do to make it usable?

icon

Best answer by Alex 20 March 2023, 14:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you aren't seeing the CData connector in the list of available connections, it means that the installer was likely unable to copy the necessary file to the necessary folder for Tableau to recognize it, and that you'll need to manually copy it.

You will need to navigate to the default installation folder, ‘C:\Program Files\CData\CData Tableau Connector for <Data Source> <Yearly Edition>\lib’, and then copy the file with the .taco extension to the file path 'C:\Users\(your user)\Documents\My Tableau Repository\Connectors'.

Note that the Data Source field would change based on what tool you downloaded and the Yearly Edition would simply be the current yearly release of the connector. So for example if you downloaded the CData QuickBooks Tableau connector, the folder would be ‘\CData Tableau Connector for QuickBooks 2022\lib’

Once the file has been copied to this new location, please restart Tableau. This should properly register the connector and you should see the CData Tableau connector in the available list of sources.