Solved

SAP Function READ_TEXT

• 12 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi everyone!

I would like to know if is it possible to retrieve data from the SAP ECC 6.0 Function READ_TEXT, using the CData SSIS Components for SAP ERP 2023.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ethem Q 12 March 2024, 19:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @cbaptista 

You can indeed use the CData SSIS Components for SAP to connect to SAP ECC 6.0 and make use of the stored procedure 'RFC_READ_TEXT' in order to use the function READ_TEXT as per your request.

Looking at the definition of RFC_READ_TEXT, TEXT_LINES is actually a table-valued input. There are a few different ways to pass in a table-valued input to the stored procedure (https://cdn.cdata.com/help/RYJ/rssis/pg_datamodel.htm), but by far the easiest is to pass in a JSON input to the TEXT_LINES field. The correct syntax for running this operation is as below:

EXECUTE RFC_READ_TEXT TEXT_LINES='{ \"TDOBJECT\": \"MATERIAL\", \"TDID\": \"GRUN\", \"TDSPRAS\": \"I\", \"MANDT\": \"100\", \"TDNAME\": \"000000000400007212\" }'

Note that the above statement is an example. You might need to review the values you need to provide as an input parameter for TEXT_LINES.

In case you have any questions about this or anything is unclear for you, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@cdata.com.

Badge

Hi @Ethem Q 

I did what you recommend and it worked perfectly.

Thank you very much

Regards.