Solved

The install-license.exe file is missing for python connector

• 20 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I'm trying to install the Salesforce python connector. However, I can't find the install-license.exe file to do so. The instructions in “https://cdn.cdata.com/help/RFH/py/pg_pyinstallation.htm” mention it being in a “cdata/installlic_salesforce” folder, but the “cdata” folder is not anywhere in the zip file I downloaded.

I would love to see if this connector will be useful for my purposes. But, I can't get very far with that if I can't even activate the license.

icon

Best answer by Garrett Bird 20 March 2023, 20:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. If you look at the help documentation more closely, you will find that the "cdata/installlic_salesforce" exists within the site-packages of your python distribution. It is there that you will find the install-license tool.

If you are unsure of where your distribution's site-packages are located, then you can find that out by running Python and executing the following two lines:

import site
print(site.getsitepackages())

This will print out the folder path where the site-packages are stored. After appending "/cdata/installlic_salesforce" to that path and navigating there, you should be able to find the license activator.