Solved

QuickBooks company file of different version won't connect

• 7 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I recently copied over a company file from our production server to test server. The company file from the production server is of a different QuickBooks version than QuickBooks on the test server. When testing the connection within the Remote Connector, I keep running into different error messages stating the connection cannot be made. Why can’t I connect?

icon

Best answer by Naomi Y 7 March 2024, 16:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

When the version of the company file and QuickBooks do not match, the Request Processor cannot start the session. The Request Processor, which we rely on to communicate with QuickBooks, goes through a checklist when an application attempts to start a session. Included in this checklist is ensuring the version of QuickBooks and the version of the company data file match one another, as seen in QuickBooks documentation linked below.

What happens in the BeginSession call?: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbdesktop/docs/develop/connections-sessions-and-authorizations

Before connecting, you will need to ensure the versions of the company file and QuickBooks match. If you have any further questions, you can reach out to us directly at support@cdata.com.