Skip to main content

How to track which reporting balance row is deleted? because I am syncing record through Power automate. I am not able to track which row is deleted in reporting balance. if i get to know about that transaction I will sync that particular row related records again 

I am using cdata cloud

@muthuEOL,

Since this question is related to the other inquiry you have raised in your other post and this is an issue related to Connect Cloud, I am answering here.

While we do have a way to cache the results of a table/view and in a way have a method to track changes between the cached data and the new data the source is furnishing in some of our products, this would still  not be possible for your use case as in order to support this scenario the table/view will need to have a timestamp column (i.e ModifiedDate, UpdatedAt, etc..) and the ReportingBalance (https://cdn.cdata.com/help/DYK/jdbc/pg_table-reportingbalance.htm) view does not expose such a column.

To provide more context, the timestamp column can be used as an ‘IncrementalCheckColumn’ and this way we can track what changed by making use of the ability that the connectors have to get incremental changes based on the timestamp columns and thus having a “History Mode” option. We do have a similar option in our Sync product and it would also be possible to add this in Connect Cloud as well if there is enough customer interest in such a functionality. However, as stated above this would only be possible for tables/views that support a timestamp column. That being said, we don’t have a way to assist you with what you are trying to do.

I also did search a bit around to see if there is a way to accomplish this in Power Automate directly but they seem to suggest the same that in order to track if a record has been modified you would still need a column referred to as ‘rowversion’ which in most cases is a timestamp column. You might want to take a look at the following resources to learn more:

Create a Cloud Automated Flow which Triggers when the conditions meet using When an item is modified (V2)(SQL) in Power Automate. | by Siva_M | Medium

"Understanding the "When an Item is Modified (v2)" Trigger" (linkedin.com)

Hope this helps.