Skip to main content
Solved

Error : cdata.dynamicsgp.DatabaseError: [500] Could not execute the specified command: Failed to log into Dynamics GP Server, please check your settings. Error message: HTTP protocol error. 404 Not Found.

• 24 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I am trying to connect my dynamics GP web services through python but I am unable to do so. I was working out the basic code given on their website and still unable to work it out. Could you advise any probable solution for it?

ERROR:

cdata.dynamicsgp.DatabaseError: 500] Could not execute the specified command: Failed to log into Dynamics GP Server, please check your settings. Error message: HTTP protocol error. 404 Not Found.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Gawri 

The [500] Could not execute the specified command: Failed to log into Dynamics GP Server, please check your settings error message accompanying an HTTP 404 Not Found error that you are seeing here is an indication that the server that you are reaching out to is not the correct one where the Dynamics GP is hosted. This could happen for various reasons but most commonly it is caused by an incorrect URL.

Please note that our driver communicates with the GP Web Services API. The port number where this service is listening on would be defined during the installation of the Web Services onto an existing GP instance, and should be known by the admin of your Dynamics GP instance. Can you please reach out to your Dynamics GP administrator to confirm the location of the server where the application is hosted? 

You can find instructions on how to set up a connection to an existing Dynamics GP server in our online documentation at  https://cdn.cdata.com/help/DPK/py/pg_connectionpy.htm but determining the right URL does require knowledge of where the Dynamics GP sever is hosted. 

If you have any questions or keep facing issues with the above, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected].