Question

PDF Label Connector incorrectly returns data from xml (multi-line function not working)

• 17 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

A PDF file was made from the XLSX document. Then I created a PDF template with form fields (Adobe Acrobat), using the “Text field” function Multi-line. By filling in the form manually, the text in the field moves to a new line, but the text taken from the XML doesn't move to a new line. Why the Multi-line functionality doesn't work in CData Arc?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Unfortunately, support for multiline labels is not an intended feature of the PDF Label connector in CData Arc - specifically, the resizing of the font as the data approaches the length of the cell. 

You can pass in XML with multiple lines, and the line breaks will be preserved when the cell is rendered:

But the PDF Label connector does not support an automatic fit to the label parameters at this time. 

I’ve opened this as a feature suggestion with our development team - I am not certain if this is something that we can control in the way the PDF is rendered, but if it is possible to auto-format the cell, we may do so in a future update of CData Arc.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I have split text in an XML field into multiple lines.