Hi CData community,
We are building a KPI tracking SAAS at Datapad and we’re using CData Drivers as the backbone.
Essentially, any user is able to login with a data source through OAuth and can create metrics & reports.
We wanted to as if there is a best-practice to create a querying layer that would work accross all integrations.
We want to:
- Show a list of available metrics (numeric / aggregation fields)
- Display a list of available dimensions (text / group by fields)
- Users can add filters to available dimensions (matching criteria)
- Users can change the aggregation on metrics (sum, avg etc)
- Support for special datetime dimension which fetch data grouped by (hour, day, time, ..)
We were thinking of building a dynamic SQL query builder to accomplish this.
Before we proceed we wanted to ask the community if there is any best-practice OR previous experience regarding our use-case.
Thanks in advance !
Best answer by John GView original